Photonics

Photonics

heating/cooling time

• nazym.alipbayeva
      Subscriber

Dear Ansys Learning Forum,

Is there any example or explanation on your website how to check heating and cooling time of the device? And check if the device works at the given speed?

So let's say, I have a device with 2 ring resonator with heaters. How to check how long it takes to heat up and cool down this device?

Thank you in advance!

• Khashayar Ghaffari
      Ansys Employee
      Hi,
      Thank you for reaching out. You can simulate the time-dependent response of your device by changing the solver mode of your HEAT object to transient. The time-step settings of the project can then be adjusted in the transient tab. In case youÔÇÖre switching a heat source (on/off) you can find the related settings in the same tab. Otherwise, if time-dependency is related to a boundary condition you can specify the time settings there.
      Once the simulation is run, the rise/fall response of your system will be available in the solver results and any other monitor you might have added to the simulation. If youÔÇÖre having trouble finding a meaningful response (which converges over time) I recommend looking into the time-step settings of your simulation.
      We currently donÔÇÖt have a related application example for this. Please let me know if you have any questions.
      Best regards
    • nazym.alipbayeva
      Subscriber
      Dear kghaffari Thank you for your answer.
      Could you also tell me, please. Is it possible to check how long it takes for the device to heat up/cool down at a specific speed?
      As I know, we cannot specify the speed in DEVICE.
      Let's say if I want to run the device at the speed of 500 Kbits, could I check how long it takes for heating and cooling?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.