Fluids

Fluids

Topics relate to Fluent, CFX, Turbogrid and more

• Romariode
      Subscriber

I am working on a Biogas project where the equations to be solved are the continuity equation and momentum equation

I have done the geometry in SpaceClaim, mesh in Fluent with fluent meshing, and switched to the solution part. In the Setup under Named expressions, I need to have the two equations as shown below. how can I do this ?

Below are screenshots of my progress

• Rob
      Forum Moderator
      You'll probably want turbulence and species too. Staff are not permitted to open attachments so please repost the images. However, expressions are covered in the User's Guide, click on Help in Fluent and explore.
    • Romariode
      Subscriber
      How do i include turbulence and species ?, i'm new in this
    • Swathi V. V.
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Please refer to the link below to
      Create named expression: 5.3.2. Named Expressions (ansys.com)
      Turbulence modelling : Chapter 13: Modeling Turbulence (ansys.com)
      Species Transport : 15.1. Modeling Species Transport and Finite-Rate Chemistry (ansys.com)

• Rob
      Forum Moderator
      You may want to rethink the choice of VOF, and how you've defined the phases too.
    • Romariode
      Subscriber

I created volume of fluid in SpaceClaim in order to avoid analyzing the solid biogas dome. Which VOF should i use?
    • Rob
      Forum Moderator
      If you want to model the free surface then VOF is the correct choice. If you want to just look at the gas side then use a bio-gas + air species mixture. Either way, you have one liquid phase and one gas phase.
    • Romariode
      Subscriber
      I want to model the INNER PART of the structure together with the CONTENT (fluid) in the structure
      Below is my model created in SpaceClaim

• Rob
      Forum Moderator
      OK, so water enters and evolves biogas? Where is the air, or is that present to start with?
    • Romariode
      Subscriber
      Yes, Water enters and evolves biogas. Liquid Water is used to simulate the flow field here since biogas slurry is a low concentration solution at the initial stages of biogas fermentation and also it has flow liquidity that is similar to that of water. In this test, the slurry is assumed to obey the continuity and momentum conservation equations.
      Air is present in the dome initially.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.