3D Design

3D Design

Hello, I have a huge problem to make a radius into one model that is shown and obvious.

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

Hello, I have a huge problem to make a radius into one model that is shown and obvious. And I think you will have a clear idea to change the desing and make the radiuses. You can see the green lines that are showing the areas of interest.

Thanks

• FrankD
      Ansys Employee

Georgiro

You can try using variable radius rounds to get the desired shape, but that is difficult geometry. You would have a much better result from building your small cylindrical bosses taller, then fitting the convex rounds in, then cutting the bosses back to the desired height, and then rounding the result with the tiny rounds.  

I can't tell what you are controlling for, but in this situation, the resultant profile of the cylindrical bosses will fall out of the cuts, and not be controlled, strictly speaking. 

F

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

So I have finished with a round called wiht Variable Radius and it worked witout any problem. So now it is fine, but I did not know that they made a change so different...Thanks

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

This is the latest  view.

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

And here you can see what I can show you and it has only Add frozen value, otherwise nothing works. So can you help me what to do with it?

Thanks a lot

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

I have to say that you are extremely boring. And of course you do not want to help me at all? Why? A non-sense, great!

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

This was posted in an answered thread: why would someone expect to find another question in here?   Also, some information about warnings/errors is needed: "it doesn't work" isn't something we can diagnose.  

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

Of course, I have a serious problem making the design and the elements cylindrical does not work, but why I have no idea, it only works only parially! So I wanted someone to help me, but it does not seems so...

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Is there an error associated when you try and add the cylinders? 

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

It does not do anything, but in the picture you can see what is shown, so it is frozen only, otherwise it does not work at all. So I have no idea what to do with it.

Thanks

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

If the operation fails it'll have a red mark against it. Right click on the operation and see if there's anything about why it's failed. 

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

Ok, I will try it. Thanks

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

So now it works, but not absolutely well, since if I need to create an edge chamfered, it does not work. And now you can see that I have created a blend of the edge - it is small, but it is impossible to create it. Do you have any idea how to do it? Thanks

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

So now I am trying to do the chamfer with only 0.1 mm and it shows this on the picture below...incredible

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

That looks to be because you've got the cylinder too close to the edge: the chamfer is trying to blend to either create a too complex surface or a physically impossible shape. 

What was wrong with the shape in the second image from about 2 weeks ago?

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

So what would you suggest to do in a different way? Thanks

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

But I still do not know much, may be it could be related with these issues, these I have with the chamfer issues like now.

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

And I have to say that this problem is created only in 2 out of four items, so 2 items are fine, without any problem...

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

However, I have been doing this before and it worked without any problem, so why now I cannot do it at all?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Without reviewing the CAD I don't know exactly why it's failing: hence the need for clear questions and including all error messages. Have a very careful look at the model and then think through what shape it's trying to create: is that possible or will it turn the model inside out. Try using slightly different sizing and try again. 

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

So what type of shapes shall I change in this way? I am a bit confused if I did it the same and for the first time I did not have any problem?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

If it did work, and now it doesn't, what is different? The likely cause here is the filet radius & cylinders interacting in some way: but without looking at the model I can't be sure. 

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

So this means you want the model, but can I give it to you? Or what? Thanks

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

No, it means you need to work through what you've done and figure out what's changed.

As has been mentioned to you before, ANSYS staff can't download attachments and I can't diagnose this without the files so you'll need wait for the wider community. 

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

So I can start to do something, but do not know what and to give ability to wider community will be quite important.

Thanks

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

After 5 days it would be wonderfull if you can try to tell me, what shall I do in this case - would you be so wonderfull to tell me the details. Thanks a lot. Or shall I put it somewhere else, that at least you will be able to read this? Thanks

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

We've already explained about posting project archives: please review all previous questions & advice that we've answered & given respectively. 

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.