3D Design

3D Design

Hello, I have a question when I need to start with design,

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

but I am having a problem, because I am not able in the first operation of drawing to start to create a 3D geometry, because I am not able to define, e. g. when I create a 2D geometry - I need to create a 3D object, but it wants different plane, which I do not use in 2D, so I am not able to create a 3D object. How to do it to create a 3D objet? It seems that I am not intelligent enough. Thanks

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

It must be extremely easy, but I do not know how to do it, can you please help me a bit. Thanks.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Geometry can be created using sketches & extrude/revolve/sweep as you've done previously or by creating a primitive. Without knowing what you want to create it's not easy to give a good answer. 

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

Ok, I found the mistake I had in the drawing and could not find it. Basically I had a line over the whole sections and that was the reason why it could not create the 3D needed with an extrude option. Now it works and it is fine, I just thought that I alway was able to do the extrude and why it did not work, now it is absolutely sure. Thanks for your help.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.