General Mechanical

General Mechanical

hello i want to do static analysis for a rotating beam i want to know what should be the boundary

• shashi27
      Subscriber

hello

i want to do static analysis for a rotating beam

i want to know what should be the boundary condition at fixed end.

• Akshay Maniyar
      Ansys Employee

Can you share some more details about the model? If you can tell how exactly the beam is loaded then it will be easy to understand and answer your query. Is one end fixed and moment or rotation is applied at other end?
      Thanks Amaniyar
    • shashi27
      Subscriber
      Hi amaniyar
      The model is a cantilever beam with one end fixed on a hub and the hub is free to rotate. I want to know if beam is rotating at a constant angular speed, let's say 100 rad/ sec and tip load is applied, then what will be the displacement and stress generated in beam?
      I hope I have given the required details
      Thanks

• Akshay Maniyar
      Ansys Employee

Thank you for the information. As you mentioned that beam is connected to hub, so you can use joint to define that connection, depending on which DOF need to be fixed or which need to be free and then apply joint load for it. Do you have some images of model which you can share? It will be difficult to imagine with this much detail and answer.
      Thanks Amaniyar

• shashi27
      Subscriber

the model looks like this ,where beam is rotating about z-axis and the beam is fixed to the hub
    • shashi27
      Subscriber
      i am making this model in ANSYS APDL
    • shashi27
      Subscriber
      It is a 2d analysis
    • shashi27
      Subscriber
      Hello,
      No answer to the question posted above.
    • Ram Gopisetti
      Ansys Employee
      , you can make the beam an 1D object and Hub as an shell then u can apply bonded contact between the vertex and surface and apply joint to the hub centrally,
      Cheers, Ram
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.