LS Dyna

LS Dyna

Help in solving the problem of drilling

• javat33489
      Subscriber

Hello.

Colleagues, I want to build a task in LS-Dyna. The task of drilling with a rock chisel.

I have such a bit model, it can be considered as a non-deformable body - the body and deformable bodies are cutting teeth that stand on the body. The purpose of the study is to see what stresses and temperatures will be on the teeth when drilling a rock, such as limestone or cement. I'm trying to build a task but it doesn't work for me. Help collect? I will send you a model, can you assemble a task from LS-Dyna maps and send it to me?

I understand what cards should be there:

• Contact between bit and rock and between teeth and bit

• Body materials, teeth and breed

• Hourglass

• Drucker-Prager rock destruction model

• And other auxiliary cards (Set, Control, etc.).

You can use SPH because the mesh can have chip problems.

Body material RIGID, teeth material - tungsten, rock - limestone or concrete.

In the results, I would like to see which teeth and how they are deformed.

Who will help me to collect the task and send it please?

• Reno Genest
      Ansys Employee

Hello,

Ansys employees are not allowed to download and upload models on the forum. Maybe another user will be able download and upload your model.

If you are a commercial customer, you can submit a service request on the Ansys customer portal:

support.ansys.com

Let me know how it goes.

Reno.

• Reno Genest
      Ansys Employee

Hello,

This would be a good application for SPG. You could model the concrete with SPG particles. See *SECTION_SOLID_SPG in the user manual for more information. We have a model with concrete modelled as SPG and *MAT_CONCRETE_DAMAGE_REL3 was used. You will find SPG examples here:

https://www.lstc-cmmg.org/drilling

https://www.lstc-cmmg.org/spr

You can download the model by clicking on the [in]:

Reno.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.