February 10, 2023 at 12:56 pmParth JainSubscriber
Hi, I have a viscoelastic material with know properties, such as prony parameters, WLF C1 and C2 shift factor constants, in a stainless steel container and I want to put it through a temperature cycle to find the residual stress after the thermal cycle.
after the structural analysis I can't seem to find a huge residual stress (it is in the factor of 10e-8 MPa)
Any help would be appreciated, Thanks
February 14, 2023 at 5:56 pmBill BulatAnsys Employee
I think it might help us help you if you can share an image (Engineering Data screenshot) of your viscoelastic properties and give us some sense of the duration of the transient analysis and the kind of transient loading that the material is being subjected to (or maybe what level of stress is attained during the transient simulation).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.