Fluids

Fluids

HELP! The grid is not transferred to CFX

• offroader10052
      Subscriber

Created CFX project in workbench.

Imported geometry (pipe with two outlets).

Constructed a structured grid.

Opening CFX.

I get an error (see photo).

Tried creating a simple mesh, the mesh was successfully imported into CFX.

CFX opened.

Why won't CFX open with a well-drawn grid?

PC with 64 GB RAM.

There is enough memory.

Rebooted the PC.

The error remains.

I built the grid for a long time and diligently, removing it means losing wasted time.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      I'd suggest reviewing the mesh as the quality looks a little suspect: focus on cell size change.nRe the error, what was the message the panel was pointing out?n
    • offroader10052
      Subscriber
      Attempt to create an interface map between non-matching face meshes:nn      Vertices   Faces Face mesh       Region [Base name]n Side 0:   15875   30871 Rwk4susRsAS16dunA4atIw F249.248n                            [F249.248]n Side 1:   41632   82551 aQk4susRsAS16equA4atIw F249.391n                            [F249.391]Unable to import the requested mesh:nType       = GTM_PARTIAL_DSDB.nFile       = \1. TASK\181. CFD; Separator gaza; Egik vs Shnek\2. Process\ansys\10 m per s\181. CFD; Separator gaza; Egik vs Shnek_files\dp0\CFX-1\MECH\CFX-11.cmdb.nGeneric options = -model 0.nSpecific options = -contact read -names 'CFXMesh ACMO_Simulation'.n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      What's the full path and file name that you're using? If those semi-colons are there, please remove them and only use English letters, - and _ symbols. n
    • offroader10052
      Subscriber
      Thank you very muchn
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.