Fluids

Fluids

Help With Explanation of Results

• OaitseLee1994
      Subscriber

Hi, i performed a static structural analysis, pictures of the results are show below for the stress, strain and deformation. now i need help explaining each of them because they are not what i expected  

Thank you in advance 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Please use the Insert Image button to show your results. ANSYS staff are not permitted to open attachments.

Please describe the loads and supports and what you expected to see.

• OaitseLee1994
      Subscriber

Oh, im sorry. i wasn't aware. i uploaded each image. Was hoping to get a bit of detailed explanation or some concepts to help in explanation of each of the results, i.e. strain, stress and deformation. Thank you

• OaitseLee1994
      Subscriber

The object was fixed at the very top face and force was applied on the lower face as shown in image below. I expected all the results or maximum results to0 show stress, strain and deformation to all be occurring in one are

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

I suggest you study one of the simplest stress analysis problems in every beginner course, the cantilever beam.

It has a fixed end and a force at the other end that bends the beam. That is what you are showing.

The maximum deformation is at the tip and that is what your Total Deformation plot shows.

The maximum stress and strain are near the base at the fixed end and that is what the plots show.

You should try solving with elements that are about 4 times smaller and you will get better looking stress results.

• OaitseLee1994
      Subscriber
      Thank you
      I never thought of it that way
      I kinda get it now
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.