November 1, 2018 at 10:55 pmsalocin155Subscriber
Hi, first of all sorry for my bad english its not my mother language, would like to see if someone can check if my boundary conditions have been right apllied at my model, its a bar with a hole this hole is fixed with a bolt on a lever arm in this simulation i want to test my bar to see if it wont break with the load.
will atach my simulation and the lever arm image to make it more clear.
November 1, 2018 at 11:56 pm
November 2, 2018 at 12:04 amsalocin155Subscriber
Material is steel, would compression only be the right boundarie for this situation ?
November 2, 2018 at 12:32 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
Compression only is a good boundary condition for the hole in the rod with the tension created by gravity.
In addition to the references Sandeep provided, I would add one additional link, and that is to a Mesh Refinement Study. The mesh you show is coarse and as you use smaller elements around the region of maximum stress, the value of stress will go up slightly. However, the stress you show is very low compared with the strength of steel, so you might not bother in this case.
For a rod with a hole in it, you could replace the block and gravity with a force on the end of the rod. That will solve more quickly because you won't have all the elements in the block that are just there to produce weight.
November 2, 2018 at 12:45 amsalocin155SubscriberTy vm Peter will give a look to the references and replace the block with the force.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.