November 30, 2019 at 10:35 ammahendrarkSubscriber
So I'm trying to use S2S radiation model for my 2D flat plate solar thermal collector and I have some outstanding queries about implementing this model properly. Would appreciate it if you guys can help answer some of my questions.
1. When choosing the maximum number of radiation iterations and energy iterations per radiation iteration, I'm currently going with 30 and 40 respectively. Is there a rule of thumb here or what I'm doing is okay? I choose 30 for the former because the radiation residual only converges with 24 iterations.
2. Giving emissivity values: For some edges (not surfaces because its 2D), I could only declare the emissivity value for the shadow boundaries. Like for e.g., absorber sheet top and bottom edges (both in contact with fluid zones), in the boundary conditions, Fluent only lets me give emissivity values for top_shadow and bot_shadow and not to top and bot. Is something wrong here, or is it okay?
3. y professor told me long time ago to first run the model without radiation model (S2S in this case) ON and after a few thousand iterations, to switch ON the S2S model. Is that the right approach?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.