Electronics

Electronics

HFSS 2020R1 frequency sweep got big problems

• AndyJP
      Subscriber
      Awful. nIn frequency domain simulations, after a quick sweep you usually add a few frequency points of interest for additional simulation. It is important, because simulation on every frequency can take days.nAnd it was working in older versions of HFSS/EDT smoothly.nnBut in EDT 2020R1 all the simulated data is lost whenever I add just one point, without changing others.n
    • AndyJP
      Subscriber
      Seems the problem was damaged list of previous points, when I added a new one. Some bugs are hiding there, in the new sweep UI. n
    • rtk
      Ansys Employee
      nUsually, if you are using Interpolating sweep, addition of extra points after simulation won't take off your already existing results. That property is there for new versions as well, including 2020R1. (Provided - You should be adding extra points in the same range or in lesser range than before.)nBut, for Discrete sweep that adding extra points within the range seeks re-simulation. nHope this addressed your concern! Please let me know if the problem was different from what I stated.nnnBest Regards,,n
    • AndyJP
      Subscriber
      no.nIt's hard to explain because I was not tracking it when it happened:nthere was probably a bug, when I added and rearranged a line. Its contents (or order?) changed in unexpected way, and I didn't see it. So I filled the range in what I thought was a target line. But what I did was overwriting the original line with simulated points. And the data disappeared.nnSo sorry, it is not like the data disappears itself. It is that I should take more care when editing before I get what's wrong with the table exactly.n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.