Electronics

Electronics

HFSS Circuit Smith tool

• Shahriyar_048
      Subscriber
      Hi,nI'm trying to design a matching network using the smith tool option in HFSS Circuit. But every time I click on Smith tool, the software freezes. Could you please help to resolve this?nThanks,nShahriyarn
    • Praneeth
      Ansys Employee
      HiArray,nPlease let us know what version of the tool you are using and your system configuration and share screenshots of the tool while it freezes by using Upload Image option.nKindly try to restart application as well as your system and see whether you are able to solve simulation.nAll the best.nBest Regards,n
    • Shahriyar_048
      Subscriber
      Thanks! Rebooting the system actually solved the problem. The Smithtool opens now.nnRegards,nShahriyarn
    • Shahriyar_048
      Subscriber
      Hello again,nnThe problem came back after 2 days. HFSS Circuit module's smith-tool doesn't launch, and clicking on smithtool freezes the software.nThe uploaded image shows the frozen app. All the buttons became inactive due to the software freezing. If I click on them, nothing happens.nnI'm using ANSYS Elec Desktop 2020 R1 in a Linux server having 200 GB RAM. Other system specs are:nArchitecture:     x86_64nCPU op-mode(s):    32-bit, 64-bitnByte Order:      Little EndiannCPU(s):        64nOn-line CPU(s) list:  0-63nThread(s) per core:  2nCore(s) per socket:  16nSocket(s):       2nNUMA node(s):     2nVendor ID:       GenuineIntelnCPU family:      6nModel:         85nModel name:      Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6142 CPU @ 2.60GHznStepping:       4nCPU MHz:        2649.511nCPU max MHz:      3700.0000nCPU min MHz:      1000.0000nBogoMIPS:       5200.00nVirtualization:    VT-xnL1d cache:       32KnL1i cache:       32KnL2 cache:       1024KnL3 cache:       22528KnnPlease help.nnRegards,nShahriyarn
    • Shahriyar_048
      Subscriber
      I've one additional question. I use HFSS installed in a Linux server through Microsoft remote desktop. Does it impede some graphical items in HFSS to be visualized? Please advise.n
    • VivekKamble
      Ansys Employee
      HelloArray,nCould you please try to make the following changes to resolve the problem?.1.Change the High DPI settings under compatibility settings. nRight-click on AEDT Icon, Properties of AEDT > Compatibility > Click on Override high DPI scaling nn2. Change the Scaling performed by option to System(EnhancednnRegards, nVivekn
    • Shahriyar_048
      Subscriber
      Hi,nI simulate from a Linux machine. Do you have any other advice? ThanksnnRegards,nShahriyarn
    • Praneeth
      Ansys Employee
      nPlease check and confirm whether you have updated Graphic drivers on the Linux server.nBest regards,n
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.