February 12, 2021 at 4:49 pmraphaelcSubscriberHi all,nI'm using HFSS to simulate an open Fabry-Perot resonator that operates at about 15 GHz. The resonator sits inside of an air volume with a radiation boundary. How do I calculate the energy lost due to ohmic losses on the Fabry-Perot mirrors? How do I calculate the energy lost due to the energy diffracting out of the resonator, i.e., how do I calculate the energy that reaches the radiation boundary? nI also have dielectrics inside of this resonator. How do I calculate the loss due to dielectrics?nThank you for any help.nBest,nRaphaeln
February 17, 2021 at 11:25 amrtkAnsys EmployeeHello @raphaelc,nYou can get the field strength at the radiation boundary or at any point inside the air volume. So through the field calculator inside HFSS, you can calculate the required quantity by creating expressions.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
- HFSS: reset marker legend dimensions.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.