Electronics

Electronics

HFSS Out of Disk space error

• Zorah
      Subscriber

Hello,

I imported a MEMS waveguide structure from Solidworks. After performing the healing, as shown by the HFSS guide, along with analyzing inter-object misalignment and mesh to make sure there aren't any errors, I assigned boundary conditions and excitations and proceeded to set up a driven solution setup in GHz and a frequency sweep. I validated my project to make sure there aren't any discrepancies in my structure and continued on to analyzed the structure. After the third convergence, midway into the fourth, I get an error stating, "Matrix solver exception: out of disk space". I went over several online forums, stating that this can be remedied by making a coarser mesh, lowering the solution frequency and decreasing the accuracy of the solution. I attempted all three, however, my problem still persists. How can I fix this? I have added my project file for reference.  

• Zorah
      Subscriber

I tried to attach HFSS file but it says the extension is not allowed 

• Zorah
      Subscriber

My computer has 8GB of RAM and during processing it uses nearly all of it before giving error

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Can you run a very simple case with far fewer nodes?  It sounds like you're out of disc or RAM on your hardware. 

• Zorah
      Subscriber

Thank you for getting back to me Rwoolhou, how do I assign fewer nodes? 

• Charlotte Blair
      Ansys Employee

Hi Zorah,

As you can see 8G of RAM is not enough to simulate your model. As already mentioned try and access a computer with more memory. I have 32G of RAM and can run pretty sizeable models. HFSS likes memory.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Use less control points/mesh: I don't use HFSS so I'm not sure on the exact terms or mechanics. 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.