September 12, 2018 at 2:44 pmABOSERWALSubscriber
For two-dimensional infinite periodic structures in HFSS, the Slave and Master boundaries and Floquet port are used.
In my design, the unit cell needs to be infinity extended in only one direction and finite in the other direction; the antenna size is 1x infinity.
Which boundaries should be applied for this case?
Is it recommended to use Floquet or wave port in this case?
I used Floquet port with S/M boundaries applied in one direction and it gave me an error.
September 14, 2018 at 12:04 amasamaiyarSubscriber
In my experience, I have got very similar results with both Floquet Port and Wave Port. So you may just use the wave port in your case. But I would recommend making sure that you are launch the right modes from your wave port. One way of doing this is by assigning a wave port in an empty unit cell and absorbing boundary (Radiation or PML) on the bottom face and checking the E and H fields.
October 4, 2018 at 7:09 pmrobinirazoquiSubscriber
To add to above response, you still need to assign the master/slave conditions in the direction of the linear array
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.