Electronics

Electronics

HFSS Stuck on “Sending solution file: solverUsagefile.txt”

• wjfoo
      Subscriber

The software was working perfectly last week. However, when I used it this week, it got stuck on at the stage of "Sending solution file: solverUsagefile.txt". The job I was running was a simple job that could run in less than a minute last week. 

When I try to abort the process, HFSS just stops responding.

• Peter Serano
      Ansys Employee

wjfoo:

Check that you are not trying to save the solution to a drive that is out of free space or you do not have write access permissions.

After checking this: Close all ANSYS programs; Clear the ANSYS temp directory defined at installation; reboot your machine; try running the simulation again.

• wjfoo
      Subscriber

Peter:

Thank you for the solution. I tried those steps before, and it didn't really work out. I ended up re-installing HFSS, and the problem went away.

• Kunchen
      Subscriber

Hi Peter,

I came across the same problem. Tried the solution you mentioned but it didn't work. I guess I need to reinstall it as well.

• Peter Serano
      Ansys Employee

Please let us know if reinstalling the software was necessary to resolve your issue and any other details regarding how/when the issue began.

There have also been 3 software updates since this thread was first started - what version are you using?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.