Photonics

Photonics

HHI InP CML for Lumerical Interconnect

• federico_campo
      Subscriber

Dear all,

I'm doing some simulations on Lumerical Interconnect regarding some components available in the HHI CML. However the results are quite far from the ones expected. So does anyone have ever used this CML and can provide me some informations?

Thanks in advance,

Federico

• Guanhui Wang
      Ansys Employee
      Hi federico_campo
      Thank you for posting here. This is really hard to tell what the problem is, could you provide some more information on what your design looks like and what you want to menasure.
    • federico_campo
      Subscriber

thank you for the interest. For example I tried to calculate the gain and the noise figure of the SOA present in the CML varying the length, the input current and the input power. However the gain results are too much higher than the ones expected so I am wondering if I set up the simulation correctly. The schematic of the simulation is reported below.

• Guanhui Wang
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Federico
      Thanks for sharing this schematic. Can I know morw about some detailed settings on the SOA model?
    • federico_campo
      Subscriber

the only parameter that can be set in the SOA model is the length, which can vary between 50um and 1200um. Moreover, in the model it is written that the input current can be set between 0mA and 250mA.
      In this link https://www.ansys.com/it-it/blog/fraunhofer-hhi-delivers-soa I found how a SOA model is made but I couldn't find any useful information to improve my simulation.
    • Guanhui Wang
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Federico
      I had a check with the team and confirmed that this model is created by HHI, and please contact HHI for the details and support on it.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.