March 28, 2022 at 5:50 amprabhakaranSubscriberMarch 28, 2022 at 10:54 amMarch 28, 2022 at 10:59 amMarch 28, 2022 at 12:25 pmSaumadeepAnsys EmployeeMarch 28, 2022 at 12:29 pmprabhakaranSubscriberDear Saumadeep It is user-defined result. I have not used these expressions, kindly explain what this expressions denotes. What is UA and SOLN?
Thanks in Advance
March 28, 2022 at 1:32 pmSaumadeepAnsys Employee
As you mentioned this is a user-defined result. So, once a user-defined result is imported, it's mandatory to input the expression, so the expression that you see in your result has been imported by the user.
The expression can be defined as one of the predefined "available solution quantities" (which can be accessed in the Worksheet, please refer to the steps shown in the image below to see how to access the Worksheet). Check all the expressions given in the list as given in the worksheet.
Another way to define the expressions for user-defined results is by using identifiers of previously defined results. (as shown in the image below, where Equivalent Stress is defined by identifier - "a" and Middle Principle Stress is defined by identifier - "b", and both the final user-defined result is defined by expression - "a + b")
Since the terms you mentioned (ENVM, UA, and SOLN) are not in the worksheet, I think they are defined as identifiers for other results and then used in the expression for the user-defined results, as shown above. Please check if that is the case.
March 29, 2022 at 4:38 amprabhakaranSubscriberDear Thank you for kind support and timely response in this issue.
The explanation you provided is very helpful.
Many a thanks Prabhakaran V
Viewing 6 reply threads
Ansys Innovation SpaceTrending discussions
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.