October 10, 2022 at 5:32 amMariah HaSubscriber
I would like to ask if it is normal that a simulation in Charge where there is a physical model for Silicon material (SRH+Auger +basic mobility...) takes for example 20 minutes without enabling high field mobility parameter, and takes 9 times more time to run when I enable the high field mobility (approx 3 hours) ?
Note that I did not change any parameter , no change in meshing or anything else except the high field mobility which was off and turned on. Am I doing something wrong here?
October 11, 2022 at 8:26 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Even though you do not change the mesh manually, the solver its self may have already refined the mesh, as the solver uses auto, adaptive meshing to accommodate high field. The mesh depends on geometry, dopping, field etc.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.