Fluids

Fluids

High Quality Images and Animations from CFD-post

• BainJT
      Subscriber

Hello all,

I've successfully run a transient 2D LES model of a flow over a cylinder. I want to be able to export high-quality images of given timesteps and a high-quality animation from the transient run. Unfortunately, the 'save picture' function does not enable me to save a high enough quality image for my needs and the animation is of the same standard. Is there a way in which I can achieve a higher quality image?

The main issue is the pixelation around the cylinder as is shown in the image provided. Would this be indicative of the meshing? Would a finer mesh mitigate this issue? I understand that this is a case of trying myself, but I'm having issues getting a mesh to run at the moment and working on that...

Many thanks, Jim.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

As staff I'm not permitted to open/download attachments: please add the image into the post. 

• BainJT
      Subscriber

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Thanks. That doesn't look mesh related, but you'll need to check the "fluffy" edges of the shed vorticies to confirm. That looks to be more graphics related. Why do you need such high resolution? 

• BainJT
      Subscriber

Thanks for your response! I require the images for a poster presentation on A0.

• BainJT
      Subscriber

do you have any recommendations on how I can export images of a higher quality for an academic poster presentation?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Fluent will output high res images, which should be sufficient.  Remember that most printers are lower resolution than modern screens though: even if you create the image can you print it? 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.