August 23, 2023 at 12:20 pmKushal JoshiSubscriber
When I perform a compliance minimization objective topology optimization, the compliance value at the end of the optimization is higher than initial. As far as the topology is concerned, it looks good but the objective is minimization but the value is more than the initial. Why is this happening? How to avoid it? Is it the local minima problem? Here is a screenshot of the optimization output.
I am using Ansys 2022R1 version.
August 24, 2023 at 2:07 pmJohn DoyleAnsys Employee
August 28, 2023 at 8:06 amKushal JoshiSubscriber
Thank you Mr. Doyle. That explains everything.
September 5, 2023 at 9:41 amKushal JoshiSubscriber
Hello Mr. Doyle,
Does this mean that the optimizer prioritizes the constraint more than the objective function in this case? I am trying to minimize the compliance of a structure while constraining it to volume reduction of 50%. So the objective function after the optimization process in the compliance value of the new design with lesser volume? Is that right?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- User manual
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.