General Mechanical

General Mechanical

HONEYCOMB SANDWICH

• Arunsivakumar
      Subscriber

Hi..,

I want to design a honeycomb sandwich structure but don't know how to attach a sheet material at the both side of honeycomb structure.

please give me some ideas or share any files related to this problem...

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Hi Arun,

Have you read through these discussions?

Discussion 1

Discussion 2 (Where you posted earlier)

The first link even has a model that peter shared. You can look into this for more details. One way is to use share topology for attaching the sheet to the core.

Regards,
      Sandeep

• Arunsivakumar
      Subscriber

Hi SandeepMedikonda

thank you so much sir.

Can we do any dynamic analysis with that honeycomb sandwich structure?

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Hi Arun,

Yes, I don't see a reason why not. Just use the Explicit Dynamics Analysis system. However, if you use solid elements, they might be very small and as you might know, since the characteristic length of the smallest element drives the speed of an explicit analysis it could be slow due to the thin core membranes. If you decide to go the explicit route, I would recommend using shell elements. Alternatively, you can also calculate the homogenized properties of the core and use them in your analysis. One such way to do this is using the Material Designer in v192.

Regards,
      Sandeep

• Arunsivakumar
      Subscriber

sure sir I make a try over that......

THANK YOU SIR...............

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hi Arun,

Try Transient Dynamics if the velocities are not ballistic. I find it easier to get models running in Transient Dynamics compared with Explicit Dynamics.

Regards,
      Peter

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.