May 12, 2022 at 5:16 amctapiaSubscriber
I am trying to setup a license server on my team's computer in our workspace. Ansys License Management Centre has the license manager running. I then updated the license on another computer by connecting using the port and server name on License Client Settings 2021 R2. However, I was getting the error: "Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding".
In terms of the steps that I have done on the hosting computer, I followed the instructions I received for activating the entitlements:
1. Log into the Ansys Licensing Portal using your Ansys Account credentials.
2. Add your license server machine hostid if it does not exist, and download your license file.
3. Install your license file on your license server machine.
What am I missing in the setup?May 12, 2022 at 7:58 pmGeorge KarnosAnsys EmployeeThe first 2 lines license file should look similar to the following (hostname is the hostname of the license server and hostid is for the License server, those should be correct)
VENDOR ansyslmd PORT=1056
Check firewalls. Ensure all ports 1055, 1056, 2325 are excluded.
Verify that you can ping the license sever by hostname from the client machine.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- The topic ‘Hosting a Server License: “Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding”’ is closed to new replies.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Licensing – Request name does not exist in the licensing pool
- 2022 R1 Ansys Mechanical APDL: QXcbConnection: Failed to initialize XRandr
- error “ansyslmd: Cannot connect to license server system. (-15,10032)
- The analysis systems in Workbench are missing
- Student license renewal
- Mechanical APDL Launcher Options
- how to open files created from newer version by using the older version of ansys
- Problems using 2022/R2
- Ansys Helic Tools Installation Issue: Missing Helic_PDK directory
- Results Probe in ANSYS Workbench
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.