Electronics

Electronics

How a flow is aligned in maxwell

• Chand
      Subscriber
      I want to simulate a water flow metern
    • kremella
      Administrator
      Could you please elaborate on what you are attempting to do in Maxwell? Perhaps, with sufficient information, I might be able to point you to some useful resources.nThank you.nKarthikn
    • Chand
      Subscriber
      In Maxwell3D i would like to know how to apply water flow movement in simulation for simulating a water flow meter. We can give parameters for moving a magnet in transient mode but for water flow how can i implement?nWater flow meter principle : It based on the principle of Faraday's Law of Electromagnetic Induction, according to which liquid generates voltage when it flows through a magnetic field. The voltage produced is directly proportional to the water movement. The voltage signal is processed into the volumetric flow rate by the electronics.nPlease refer the below link. I'm proving this mechanism. Here the movement created with the help of magnet, In simulation how can i apply flow movementnExample:
    • kremella
      Administrator
      Hello,nThank you for providing this information. nThe one way I know how to do this would be to couple Ansys Maxwell with Ansys Fluent via the System Coupling. You will be solving the water flow in Ansys Fluent and solving the electromagnetics in Ansys Maxwell. Please have a look at the following how to videos on YouTube. This should help you with the set-up. nThank you.nBest Regards,nKarthikn
    • Chand
      Subscriber
      Is it possible to get/couple water flow movement data from CFD to Maxwell. If possible will I get notes/tutorials for basic water flow movement mechanism of open stream like seawater, lake etc.. n
    • kremella
      Administrator
      Hello,nI'm not sure if I exactly have what you are asking for. However, I can certainly point you towards coupling Fluent and Maxwell simulations. We normally use the 'System Coupling' instance for this. Here is a tutorial you can go through. It models 'Thermal-Electromagnetic Electric Motor with Fluent and Maxwell'nArrayIf you are looking for help on how to open this, please take a look at instructions provided here.nIf you are looking for help on how to open this, please take a look at instructions provided here.nThanks.nKarthikn
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.