TAGGED: ansys-electronics-desktop, hpc, sweep
February 17, 2021 at 5:51 pmmingdianSubscriber
Hi. I am using AnsysEM 19.1 (linux system) on HPC for parameter sweeping (see Figure 1). The project includes 1680 cases and will take nearly 2 days to complete. However, the HPC has a time limit (at most 1 day). I wonder if there is any method I can accelerate the progress and shorten the time into 1 day? I list my questions as following:
- Do you have any advice on running AnsysEM 19.1 on HPC? To accelerate the parameter sweeping progress?
- I have updated Number of Processors (see Figure 2). It seems it has some help to the simulation. Is the number of processors should be the number of CPU core of the HPC machine I allocate?
- I also changed Analysis Configuration (see Figure 3 and Figure 4)and updated the core number to be the core number of HPC machine I am using. Does it help the simulation?
- I should set HPC License be Pool, right?
- How could I use GPU for Ansys (Enable GPU in Figure 5)? Will it be helpful to speed up the simulation progress?
- Is there a checkpoint and restart function on AnsysEM 19.1? For example, I can pause parameter sweeping, save the progress and close the software. Later then, I can load the checkpoint and restart the parameter sweeping.
- Is there any method that I can monitor CPU/Memory usage during running the software?
That's all my questions. Thank you!
Figure 1Viewing 0 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- HFSS: reset marker legend dimensions.
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.