October 20, 2017 at 5:52 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
How is the URL created for each discussion?
It seems to be a version of the Title, but on other forums, members can create discussions with the same title for different questions. I expect there is some algorithm to keep all the URLs unique even if the Title is identical.
October 20, 2017 at 6:08 pmpglAnsys Employee
That's a great question.
For this thread the URL is https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/how-are-discussion-urls-created/ so it seems that a thread with the same title would have a conflicting URL. I'll ask our development team to review this.
October 20, 2017 at 7:07 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
I did an experiment and the identical title has a -1 appended to the URL.
October 20, 2017 at 7:56 pmpglAnsys Employee
Phew! Glad the forum handles that. :-)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to access the ANSYS Online Help
- search does not work.
- Discussion Creation Error
- Regarding not getting link of click “accepted answer”
- unable to open the saved ansys file.
- Images added to Posts are scaled UP and down
- Access to ANSYS Customer Portal?
- Access Denied Error When I Send Post
- ACP module does not start
- I can’t create a discussion again
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.