June 29, 2021 at 4:00 pmsolaniSubscriber
to clarify my question I want to quickly describe my multistep simulation to you. In all steps I use "Radiation (Surface to Surface)" as a boundary condition to the surfaces of a hollow cube with a smaller cube inside.
Step 1: Smaller cube active
Step 2: Smaller cube deactivated by "Element Birth and Death"
Step 3: smaller cube re-activated
My question is: Are view factors calculated at the beginning of each step in a multiple step analysis? I ask this because the deactivation of the smaller cube inside the bigger cube leads to different view factors.
Best regards and thank you in advance,
AniJuly 1, 2021 at 11:12 amsolaniSubscriberUpdate: I think view factors are not calculated again. I tested it with a simple simulation. However, do you know if there is any possibility to enforce Ansys to recalculate View factors at a specific step?
Thanks in advance!
July 2, 2021 at 8:17 amJuly 2, 2021 at 8:21 amsolaniSubscriber
Thank you for your help!
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.