November 14, 2023 at 9:53 am
November 17, 2023 at 2:19 pmPraneethAnsys Employee
Hi Byeongin Lee,
Thank you for reaching out to the Ansys Learning Forum.
It is possible to insert the regular 3 terminal BJT in Ansys Circuit. Please follow these steps:
- Make sure that the component libraries window is visible under the "View" menu.
- Select "Groups"
- You will find "BJT" as the first element. Select it and paste it on the schematic to insert.
- Double-click on the inserted element to open the properties window containing the defining parameters, component and other related tabs. Go through the details for more information.
Kindly do note that the Ansys Circuit has different component types under BJT and use as per the requirement. Detailed information about these elements is available under the Help menu as well as the properties window (Component tab - Info field).
November 18, 2023 at 6:56 pmByeongin LeeSubscriber
Thank you!! I found a way to add the emitter. Can you confirm if this method is correct?
- right-click on the imported n-port.
- Edit symbol
- pin location
- reference->show common reference port.
Is it right?
November 22, 2023 at 7:57 pmPraneethAnsys Employee
I am confused here. You have mentioned that you are looking for three terminal BJT unlike the N-port model based on s2p format.
It would be difficult to comment on the correctness of the modification without looking at the s2p file used. You can insert the modified model in a test circuit and verify its operation before proceeding further.
November 23, 2023 at 4:44 amsifeyo sifeyoSubscriber
Thanks! I searched for n-port and its output. The indicators clearly show what we need to pay attention to and speed up drift boss online
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Error while solving Optimetrics
- Concept of Interpolation Sweep in HFSS
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.