November 30, 2018 at 2:02 pmberk16Subscriber
I'm trying to analysis drop test to composite sheet (2.4 mm). I have created model in ACP(pre) and dragged it to Explicit Dynamics method in Workbench. I tried to solve in Explicit Dynamics but I got an error and it says "Solid Layered section is not allowed in the current analysis" Then I tried to solve with Transient Structral but I confront another problem. Transient solves it without problem but I can't make any interaction between drop test material and composite sheet. So how can I define penalty between them?
December 3, 2018 at 10:36 pmApril WangAnsys Employee
ANSYS Explicit STR can only work for shell model from ACP. It cannot take solid elements from ACP. In transient, we can define nonlinear contact pairs, but there's no general contact as in explicit. You might consider using command object in transient analysis to define general contact. Or you might consider using Workbench LS-DYNA which can take solid ACP model for explicit analysis.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Colors and Mesh Display