March 1, 2022 at 8:11 pmRHYLANESubscriber
Hello all, I'm running an harmonic analysis in Ansys workbench and I need to know how to assign the structural damping or a.loss factor to combine14 element ? Can someone guide me ? Thank you allMarch 2, 2022 at 1:37 pmAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
Please see if the following links help:
Frequency dependant damper ÔÇö Ansys Learning Forum
How to assign the correct BETAD to Combin14 ÔÇö Ansys Learning Forum
Regards Ashish Khemka
March 2, 2022 at 3:11 pmErik KostsonAnsys Employee
I answered also in the other post, but to close this off and for the general interest and for reference I also attach here a way to assign the Constant structural damping coefficient (via MP command see help manual for more on that and on combin14).
To assign that to a spring (via MP command) see last image below:
All the best
March 2, 2022 at 3:23 pmRHYLANESubscriberTank you so much sir for all the help really thank you.
March 2, 2022 at 5:52 pmErik KostsonAnsys EmployeeHappy to help - all the best
Viewing 4 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.