September 11, 2020 at 3:01 amhelen.durandSubscriberI was wondering if there is a way to verify that a section of my APDL code works properly.nBACKGROUND: nThe simulation consists of a transient thermal simulation in Workbench with commands objects. I defined material properties for two materials (with material reference numbers 5 and 6) using the MPTEMP and MPDATA commands. nAt the end of each load step, I select some of the elements using an *IF command that loops over every element, and I use the MPCHG command to change them from material 5 to material 6. I have included this section of my code (below) in case it helps clarify what I am describing. nMy thought is to use the *GET command to retrieve the material number for each element, but *GET,matType,ACTIVE,0,MAT always returns a value of matType = 1.nWhat can I do instead?nCODE SNIPPIT:nALLSELn*GET,numOfNodes,NODE,0,COUNT nselNode2 = 0n*DO,iter,1,numOfNodes,1n selNode2=NDNEXT(selNode2)n NSEL,S,NODE,,selNode2,selNode2n *IF,TEMP(selNode2),GT,1400,THENn ESLN,S,0,ALL n MPCHG,6,ALL ! Material 6 defined previously by MPTEMP and MPDATAn ALLSELn *ENDIFn ALLSELn*ENDDOnALLSEL
September 11, 2020 at 2:06 pmAshish KhemkaAnsys EmployeennOne way to check for the material assignment change is to issue esel based on material id and then issue elist.Regards,nAshish Khemkan
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.