May 18, 2022 at 2:02 pmOdebowaleSubscriber
I have calculated S- parameters in FDTD and imported it to interconnect. I used two methods to compare my results. Firstly, I calculated s-parameters for each of the layers and extracted it to interconnect. For the second method, I extracted s-parameters for the whole structure once and exported it to interconnect. However, the results of transmission plots are not the same.
Is there away I can visualize reflectance for my design as well in interconnect?
Attached are screenshots of the two results:May 19, 2022 at 4:01 amGuanhui WangAnsys EmployeeHi Odebowale
To visualize the reflection, you may setup ONA with 2 input ports, then connect the second input port to "port 1" of your s-parameter. In this case when you excite light to "port 1" of the s-parameter element, the reflection to this port itself can be measured.
May 19, 2022 at 4:09 amOdebowaleSubscriberThanks so much. This answer my first question
Please do you have idea on how I can combine two or more s-parameters elements? I fill like the way it is connected above is not correct because there should be "multiplier" to combine each of s-parameter elements. Any idea will be much appreciated
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- The topic ‘How can I calculate S-parameters for four layered design in interconnect?’ is closed to new replies.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ganhemt Project mistake can you help me
- How to calculate the cross-polarization efficiency and phase in FDTD
- save data error
- Simulation of a single pillar of a peltier cooler
- EME : field profile and cell periodicity
- Ansys Insight: Single frequency CW source
- What is the meaning of this error ” Bad termination of…” ?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.