Fluids

Fluids

How can I calculate the acoustic force and the acoustic energy?

• Luigi0
      Subscriber

Hi ,

I want to simulate acoustophoresis phenomena. 

My system is composed by a fluid domain surrounded by a mechanical structure and a piezoelectric transducer. The fluid domain has an inlet where the fluid (water) and particles are inserted.

• Konstantine Kourbatski
      Ansys Employee
      keyword search of this forum for piezoelectric acoustics will yield a number of discussions on the topic. From these discussions, a common solution for this problem is to use acoustic capabilities in Ansys Mechanical, which would be a better suite of tools for this type of analysis. n
    • Luigi0
      Subscriber
      Hi, thanks for your answer. I know that acoustic capabilities are present in Ansys mechanical, but I also need to model the fluid with particles, and i want to measure the acoustic forces and acoustic energy in the fluid.nAny help?n
    • Konstantine Kourbatski
      Ansys Employee
      Since the working medium is water, this will be hydroacoustics type simulation. You can search for compressible liquid topics on this forum, and also refer to Sec. 8.3.4. Compressible Liquid Density Method of the Fluent User Guide. Knowing transient pressure perturbations, you can calculate acoustic forces and acoustic energy.n
    • Luigi0
      Subscriber
      Thanks for your tips. I will look for your references in the fluent user guide. I used the compressible liquid method for the fluid but my problem was the calculation of the acoustic force and energy. The expression for these quantities are known from literature but how can I insert in the model? Should I use udf?n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Depending on what they're a function of you may be OK with Custom Field Functions. Otherwise you may need a UDF. n
    • Luigi0
      Subscriber
      Thanks Rob, I will try and I will possibly update the post.n
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.