Fluids

Fluids

how can I calculate the Reynolds number of the flow inside computer domain?

• abd fs
      Subscriber

Dear researchers, I am simulating an unsteady turbulent flow (ideal gas) in complex geometry, and I want to calculate the Reynolds number of the flow. At the entrance of the field, a pressure of 0.25MPa, is imposed. My question is: how can I calculate the Reynolds number of the flow inside computer domain?

Best regards,

SERRAR

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Treat the solver result in exactly the same way you would experimental data. How would you do the calculation there?
    • abd fs
      Subscriber
      Dear Rob I have no experimental data, I only have the results digitally simulated by Fluent.
      If possible, do you have any recommendations for finding the Reynolds number?
      Best regards
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Which are a simulation of a real system. In the real system how would you calculate Reynolds Number?
    • abd fs
      Subscriber
      Dear Rob Thank you very much for your quick responses. I want to share with you my domain of computation to give you a vision of what I'm talking about.
      Best regards
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Staff are not permitted to open or download attachments.
    • abd fs
      Subscriber
      Dear Rob Since you can't open the image, you can just type sweeping jet on google and you will find what I have researched.
      Thank you so much for your help Best regards SERRAR
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      Here it is. Next time,just drag and drop the picture .. or use the photo icon at the bottom.

• abd fs
      Subscriber
      Dear Yasser
      Do you have any idea how can I calculate the number of Reynolds?
      Best regards SERRAR
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      Re number is used for comparison between similar cases at different scale and flow conditions. So, I would look in the literature for similar case .. if nothing is found, I would calculate it at the entrance
    • abd fs
      Subscriber
      Thank you so much for your help, Mr Yasser
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      You are welcome!
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Ah, a bi-stable fluidic oscillator. Make sure your mesh is VERY good.
    • abd fs
      Subscriber
      Dear Rob Since I have a complex domain, I have divided it into several subdomains, which increases the quality of the network.
      Beste regards SERRAR
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.