February 17, 2023 at 6:33 amteddie smithSubscriber
I simulated with a fixed viewing angle(Reflectance monitor) and varied the incident angle of the light.
But I want to simulate with different viewing angle(-90~90 degree) and I couldn't find that option in monitor object.
So how can I get a data from a specific viewing angle?
ex. normal incident angle, viewing angle is 30 degrees.
February 17, 2023 at 6:53 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
What is the purpose? for reflectance, it is only along one direction. Fields to other directions are bounced back due to periodicity.
If it is not periodic, you can integrate the far field power inside a cone. But non-periodic structures do not have fixed reflectance, as the result will change depending on source span.
Ansys Insight: 周期结构结果分析：透射反射率、散射、远场、角分布、近距场分布、位相提取等 综合帖
Ansys Insight: 非周期结构散射的远场分析：散射截面、远场分布、斜入射 综合帖
Ansys Insight: 为什么非周期结构一般不用平面波照明，不评定反射率和透射率？
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.