Fluids

Fluids

how can i compile multiple udfs

• Devank12
      Subscriber
      I have two udfs for two different fluids. Udfs are clearly defining the temperature dependent properties such as density, thermal conductivity, specific heat & viscosity. I also have successfully loaded in fluent using compiling. My doubt is how to differentiate these properties while specifying in materials properties dialog box??
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

You will get names defined in different udfs in drop down menu. Then you need to select appropriate udf in dialog box. 

Regards,

Keyur

• desouzadacosta
      Subscriber

you can place them in a single file and compile. the first parameter name after the ( in the DEFINE line is what distinguishes them.

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber

As Keyur and desouzadacosta pointed out, you can place them in a single file under the same header and compile it. You would get to choose the appropriate function when you define the individual material property. Below is the structure you would want to follow.

#include "udf.h"

DEFINE_PROPERTY(density_fluid1,c,t)

{

/*your code defining density for fluid 1*/

}

DEFINE_PROPERTY(density_fluid2,c,t)

{

/*your code defining density for fluid 2*/

}

• Abdmen
      Subscriber
      Hello i do the same procedure of haveing 2 udfs in the same file but when interpreted them i get a fatal signal. please how to solve it? and thank you n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Have you overwritten any definitions? Do they work separately? n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      I usually do not copy the UDFs in the same file. nPlease do compile instead of interpretating.n
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.