Fluids

Fluids

How can I define convective heat transfer in a porous media ?

• nisani
      Subscriber

Hello

I modelled an air cooled heat exchanger as porous zone. Also I want to add convective heat transfer from porous zone to air flow. How can I do this ? I would be very grateful if you can help

Thanks in advance

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Are you referring to outer HT? The outer walls of your porous zone?
    • nisani
      Subscriber
      Thank for your respond, I meant the inside of porous zone. Convective heat transfer between porous zone and fluid that flowing inside porous zone
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Okay you need to enable dual cell approach (non-equilibrium porous media) you will then need to input HTC and Interfacial area: that is your input maestro!
    • nisani
      Subscriber
      Do I have any chance to model this convective heat transfer using the radiator model? Because I am not familer to dual cell approach( I look at it and it seems a little bit complex for me). if possible it would be great for me. Thank you for your respond
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Is not a big deal: Porous Zone you enable non-equilibrium and you need to fill with the two parameters.
    • nisani
      Subscriber
      I am so sorry, If I didnt misunderstand duel cell model, it is required two flow. Actually there is only one flow in my model it just air for cooling, I didnt define steam flow inside porous zone. I just try to add some heat on porous zone. Convective heat transfer between porous zone and air flow. I am so sorry for my english, itsbad like my CFD skills.
    • nisani
      Subscriber
      This is my model, Is this dual cell approach suitable for my model?
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.