General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How can I do my frequency response analysis on a stator with electromagnetic force ?

• aslzynperl
      Subscriber

Hello,

I'm working on a stator and I'm at the harmonic response stage. I got my forces applying on each stator slot as a function of time. I imported them to my simulation but I'm not sure if I have to apply all my forces at the same time or consider only a certain number of them ?

Can someone has an idea please ?

Best regards

Zeynep

• 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      Are you performing a harmonic response or a transient analysis ? Since harmonic response is a frequency domain analysis you can import frequency dependent loads (and not time dependent). If you are interested in understanding the response in the time domain do a transient analysis. I am assuming that the forces on each stator winding are sinusoidal varying with a certain phase difference between each of them. If this is the case a harmonic response would be a better choice where you can specify these forces (magnitude - phase and) analyze the steady state response in a certain user defined frequency range.
      Regards Ishan.
    • aslzynperl
      Subscriber
      Thank you for your answer Ishan. My forces are time dependant and they are also sinusoidal and I chose to do a harmonic response analysis. The thing is I got the force for every single stator winding and I'm not sure if I have to import all the forces at the same time or chose a certain number of them and apply the force related to that winding ?

Best regards
      Zeynep
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.