Ansys Products

Ansys Products

How can I enable ICEM CFD meshing with ANSYS?

Tagged: 

• Dioser
      Subscriber
      Hello everyone,nI have been looking up this subject in the forum for the past couple days, but I cannot find a solution to this particular issue.nI use ANSYS 2019.R3, academic license. While trying to use Multizone through Workbench meshing, I was looking for the ICEM interactive option, but it is not available, which only leads me to conclude that ICEM CFD is not installed. How can I get it enabled? As I understand, ICEM CFD should work with my ANSYS license (please correct me if I am wrong).nPlease help me out with this issue. I apologize if I failed to find the correct post in the forum, but I have been looking hard into this.nThank you!nBest,n
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Student version does not have ICEM. So it will give this error. nnIf you want ICEM for hex meshing, please have a look at following on creating hex mesh in Ansys Meshing. nRegards,nKeyurnHow to access Ansys Online Help DocumentnHow to show full resolution imagenGuidelines on the Student CommunitynHow to use Google to search within Ansys Student Communityn
    • Dioser
      Subscriber
      Hi kkanade,nThank you for your answer. But mine is not the student version. It is for research (paid). Is ICEM not available for the research license?.Best,nDiosern
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      You will need to check the license file for what is included. n
    • Zakary Adam
      Subscriber

Greetings,

Out engineering team, specializing in Ansys Software covered this very topic.  Please see: Why is Ansys Meshing Important for Structural FEA and Fluid CFD Simulations?

@SimuTechGroup

• mia mhdv
      Subscriber

Hello everyone, I have a question, which software is best for structural analysis? Abaqus or Ansys? I have read an article about this topic, but I still don't know which software has better features to start learning.
      I leave the link of the article for you:

caeassistant-abaqus-vs-ansys

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.