LS Dyna

LS Dyna

How can I export the deformed shape or geometry in Explicit Dynamics?

• TaoZhanping
      Subscriber

Hi,recently, I want to caculate the shape change of a mechanical structure, which is loaded by the explosive blast in water. Using Explicit-Dynamics in Ansys, I'd like to get the result of multiple shock waves. A caculated result is attached.

So, the question is how can I export or save the deformed shape or geometry ?

• Samir Kadam
      Ansys Employee
      nFor your question, you can export the deformed shape as a STL file and then read it in SpaceClaim to convert it into solid. You may find the following post very useful to understand the overall process. nI hope this helps. nRegards,nSamir.n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      Here is a good tip on how to compare STL with Model Geometry in SpaceClaim.n

In SpaceClaim, you can use the "Deviation" display under "Measure tab" to show how well a solid body matches the mesh/facet. This tool is very useful when you reverse engineering a facet into a solid body. For more details, check out SpaceClaim documentation\Measuring and Analyzing\Analyzing Quality\Displaying Deviation: link.https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/20265/use-deviation-tool-to-measure-how-closely-your-mesh-matches-the-mesh

• TaoZhanping
      Subscriber
      Thank you for your kind help!n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.