June 20, 2021 at 12:17 pmzzang3132Subscriber
Hi. I study mechanical engineering.
I’m trying to analysis nonlinear structure.
I have a yield strength and tensile strength value.
But, when i use bilinear, i need a tangent modulus.
how can i get the tangent modulus?
is there a equation or formula?
please share your skill and information.June 20, 2021 at 4:23 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriberSet the Tangent Modulus to 0.0 for a conservative analysis.
Once you use Plasticity in the material model, you need to know another material property: Elongation (at Break).
Elongation is the value of Strain when failure occurs in a simple tensile test.
Without Plasticity, you may have used Ultimate Tensile Strength to calculate a Safety Factor for the design.
With Plasticity, and a zero Tangent Modulus, the stress will not go above Yield, so you need a new Safety Factor.
Safety Factor = Elongation/(Equivalent Total Strain)
A Safety Factor < 1.0 predicts failure.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.