General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How can I get the applied surface loads for each node in MAPDL?

• bobisd
      Subscriber
      Hi all,n n I applied a lot of specific surface loads with a loop using the SF command and I want to check whether all the nodes have the right amount of load. The best would be to store the values into an array or export them somehow to excel but I cannot get them (I think the *GET command doesn't have option for that). I can list them with the SFLIST command, but the problem is that it sorts by element id and I need to associate the nodal x coordinates.n nDoes anyone have any idea how could I manage it?n
    • Chandra Sekaran
      Ansys Employee
      You are right that *GET cannot get pressure load at a node. Pressure is considered an element load and it is available in *GET on element basis. For example to get the pressure on face 2 of element 100 you could usen*get,pres100,elem,100,PRES,2 ! get pressure on element 100 face 2n! May be once you have the pressure on an element you can average the X coordinate of the nodes of that element like:nesel,s,elem,,100nnsle,s,1n*get,numnode,node,,countnnxave=0.0n*do,i,1,numnode,1nnodeid=ndnext(0) ! get the lowest node IDnnxave= nxave+nx(nodeid)nnsel,u,node,,nodeidn*enddonnxave=nxave/numnode ! average x coordinate of element 100n! Now you have the pressure value and the x coordinate?n
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.