3D Design

3D Design

How Can I make a hole in my enclosure in Design Modeler

• hgsdvd
      Subscriber

Hello guys,

I made an enclosure in Design Modeler and considered it as a room. Now, I got stuck on how to draw the door and windows in this enclosure. I have used cut material, add frozen, and other commands, but none of these went well. 

Could anyone help on how to draw these openings to let the air in and out while modeling?

I am modeling fire inside this room so that I need the air(Oxygen) inside the room to develop the fire growth.

Thanks, 
      Muha

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

Please have a look at following video.It may help you in creating holes. 

Regards,

Keyur

Also, please like the answers which have helped you move forward and in the end, once your issue is resolved, please mark the most appropriate solution (most useful advice) as 'Is Solution'. This will help others who are using this thread to find answers to similar questions.

• hgsdvd
      Subscriber

Thanks Keyur for your reply.

I followed the tutorial above and it went well. However, a part was created when I used the cut material command to make the opening ( Attached). 

Do you have any idea on how to delete the part inside the domain? 

Thank

Muha, 

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Please use Fill option. It will delete that face and fill it with material. 

• CFDisGreat
      Subscriber

KKanade,

Do you know how to make multiple holes on a curved surface in DEsignModeler?

Thank You

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

See my answer in your own Discussion.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.