Electronics

Electronics

how can I make a proper excitation for a 2-layered PCB?

• mona4
      Subscriber

Hi,

I have a 2 layered PCB and of a planar transformer and I want to make an excitation for it , I didn't find any example like this.

I would really appreciate if anybody have an idea.

• Anchal Singh
      Ansys Employee

May I know which Ansys tool and which version you are using? Also, provide more details of your PCB model to understand your problem in a better way.
      Thanks
      Anchal
    • mona4
      Subscriber

Thanks a lot for your consideration. I am using HFSS . my operation frq is 120kHz but I wish to sweep the frq up to 1MHz. The two yellow rectangulars are were I wish I could excite by 1 A current. The current source may be very useful if it had the impedance and other result data. please find the attached a capture of HFSS
      file.
      thanks and regards
      Mona

• Anchal Singh
      Ansys Employee

Can you please use the 'Image' option to provide screenshots since we can't access the attachments on this forum? Provide as much as possible detail of your model.

Thanks
      Anchal
    • mona4
      Subscriber
      yes sure
    • Anchal Singh
      Ansys Employee

Since you are working with low frequency so it is advised to use Ansys Q3D instead of HFSS. There you may get two types of excitation sources - constant voltage and constant current. Hope you may find this helpful.
      Thanks
      Anchal
    • mona4
      Subscriber
      thanks a lot
      surely I will use Ansys Q3D , but I need a full wave solver like HFSS too, this simple structure is a part of a Planar transformer which I would like to find out its self resonance frequency by HFSS. is there any preferred excitation for this 2-layered PCB ? by the way, I tried both lumped port and wave port , but the current didn't enter the second layer via the internal VIAs between the two layer.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.