April 18, 2022 at 5:01 ammaa1435Subscriber
I am trying to simulate natural convection within a channel. The image below shows a zoomed in image of the channel geometry.April 18, 2022 at 12:09 pmSwathi V. V.Ansys EmployeeHello The issue with the mesh is because of the conformal mesh at the interface, as you have very refined mesh at the fluid and coarse one at the solid. Either you can reduce the difference in the mesh sizing in both the region or else you can use a poly mesh which is also good as a hexahedral mesh, instead of tetrahedral mesh.
I would recommend you to use share topology in spacecliam and make the interface conformal so that they will be automatically coupled and you dont need to control them manually.
Where do you intend to apply the heat flux condition? Can you be more specific about that?
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.