April 18, 2022 at 5:01 ammaa1435Subscriber
I am trying to simulate natural convection within a channel. The image below shows a zoomed in image of the channel geometry.April 18, 2022 at 12:09 pmSwathi V. V.Ansys EmployeeHello The issue with the mesh is because of the conformal mesh at the interface, as you have very refined mesh at the fluid and coarse one at the solid. Either you can reduce the difference in the mesh sizing in both the region or else you can use a poly mesh which is also good as a hexahedral mesh, instead of tetrahedral mesh.
I would recommend you to use share topology in spacecliam and make the interface conformal so that they will be automatically coupled and you dont need to control them manually.
Where do you intend to apply the heat flux condition? Can you be more specific about that?
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Floating point exception
- Exporting Data Results
Top Rated Tags