Fluids

Fluids

How can I model heat transfer from hot fluid to cold solid?

• sevgia
      Subscriber
    • sevgia
      Subscriber
      It looks like solid is always 26 C degree but fluid gets colder. I need to see the thermal change on solid. I'm also adding how I define the temperature values in next screenshot.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Because you changed the wall between the fluid and solid to a temperature from coupled the wall will always be 26.85C. You need to use coupled and patch the solid temperature into the system.
    • sevgia
      Subscriber
      This time, I follow this steps. It it what you recommend? Thank you
    • sevgia
      Subscriber
      I finished analysis. But the problem is, places where water is not filled looks like 90 C ( 363 K). How can I fix it?
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      How long did you run the model for?
    • sevgia
      Subscriber
      It was around 300 number of steps with 0.001 step size
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      OK, so you've modelled 0.3s of hot water hitting the mug. Replot the temperature contour just on the mug using the local temperature.
    • sevgia
      Subscriber
      Thanks a lot. It worked when I change global to local. But at the start of the simulation I see some different colors inside solid.
      What could be leading this? Is there a way to fix this look? When I run the simulation more, it looks normal like this;

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Look at the scale in the first image - you're picking up noise so altering the scale to 298.0 - 298.2 should fix it. The second image is more normal as you have a 10K temperature range.
    • sevgia
      Subscriber
      When I choose local option, scale changes automaticly depending on the time. When I choose global, I can't see temperature change of solid glass. Is there a way of arranging this?
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      There should be a manual or user defined range. I tend to post process in Fluent so am not entirely sure what the option is called.
    • sevgia
      Subscriber
      Thank you
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.