September 3, 2020 at 11:40 pmspacemandanSubscriber
I am currently trying to replicate a PCB IR camera photo in ANSYS. I am not sure if my approach is wrong but I am applying heat flux to each of the surfaces of the hot components. I get the heat flux from taking solving for q''=h(Ts-Tambient). I solve for h using Gr and Ra number and its corresponding correlations. However, my temperature contours do not match the IR camera. I am using FR-4 material for PCB but as for the electrical components like op amp, I am not sure what material properties to assign it. I understand I cannot account for everything, however I would like to get as close to this photo as possible. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!September 4, 2020 at 2:20 amKarthik RAdministratorI'd strongly recommend that you use another tool specifically designed for Electronics Cooling - IcePak. It has a strong material library tailored towards electronics cooling. This would help you improve the accuracy of your simulation.nIf you are still looking for some properties, I'd also recommend that you take a look into the literature to see if you are able find something.nI hope this helps.nThanks.nKarthiknViewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.