January 18, 2022 at 9:15 amSunnyECNUSubscriber
Hi, I have recently exported the database of the material's index, and the file format is .mdf. I wonder whether or not I could use matlab to read the data out and how? If not which one I should use to reach out to the data.January 19, 2022 at 7:26 pmKyleAnsys Employee
The MDF files are used to transfer material databases between Lumerical simulation files. They can be imported by the Material Database using the "Import Material File" button:
I don't think there is a way to read them out in another program. If you want to access the material data, you can do so with the getmaterial command in a script.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency
Top Rated Tags