Ansys Products

Ansys Products

How can I renew ANSYS student version license?

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

To renew ANSYS student version license without changing the version or performing a new installation, please use following steps. 

- Go to

https://www.ansys.com/academic/free-student-products

Then download one of the following three packages available on this page

Discovery Live Student : STUDENTDISCOVERY_###_WINX64.zip

ANSYS AIM Student : AIMANSYSACADEMICSTUDENT_###_WINX64

ANSYS Student : ANSYSACADEMICSTUDENT_###_WINX64.zip 

Note: Any package and any version that is currently available on the page is OK.

- Unzip the package that you just downloaded, then look for the folder named ‘student’

- In this ‘student’ folder, you will see WINX64.7z . Extract (‘unzip&rsquo this file

- Go inside the unzipped WINX64  -> Shared Files -> Licensing -> Here, you will see 'student.lic' file

-Copy this 'student.lic' file to where ANSYS is currently installed on your machine default location to replace your old ‘student.lic’ file in your installation directory.

• Ananth Narayan
      Subscriber

Is there any possibilities of getting only licences file instead of downloading of Giga Bytes of file for a KB file.

• Ajith
      Subscriber

How to update the license? I couldn't find the analysis system in the toolbox. Is this an error due to the license? I am currently using the student version. Someone please help me with this.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Read the OP. Also don't multi-post. 

• Alvin
      Subscriber

Hi guys.. I just have a question.  For example i download ansys student 2019 R2 again and replace my old 'student.lic' file with a new one... since the built-in license for R2 is only until 05/30/2020, does that mean that it will still be the deadline even if I already replaced the old 'student.lic' file??? Thank you. 

• uconcorde
      Subscriber

Same question as stated by Alvin. Please help. Thank you in advance.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Yes, you'll need 2019R3 or 2020R1 to extend the licence. 

• Baswa17
      Subscriber

Please tell me di u get the ans for this question. Do we need download whole Gb file just for KB file

• faizadaughter
      Subscriber

Hi....I downloaded and installed Ansysacademic  2020R1..How can I buy Student license ..It is showing in programme list of Window 10  but not opening...How it will be run …...Earlier this I used Ansys version 15.0 which was running properly ….Guide please

• Yolandevis
      Subscriber

Hi, 

I have download and installed Ansys student 2020R1, Follow all the steps accordingly but its still fails to see/recognise the license.

can someone please help me. 

• ThePhontyfex
      Subscriber

Hi, I have the same problem of Yolandevis. I download Accademic Ansys two days ago and the first time I open, it work, but from the second time it tell me that "mechanical editor does not have a valid license". I try to re-install the program and to replace "student.lic" but does non work. Please help me.

• uconcorde
      Subscriber

Hi, so it means that there is no way to keep using the old version once the license expired. We have to download and install the new version for a valid license?

• Warmate
      Subscriber
      I've tried the above process to renew my ANSYS 2019R2 version but to no avail. Now that I've uninstalled and deleted all ANSYS app in my laptop, can any new version work for my previously simulated projects? nCan I reinstall 2019R2 n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Old projects should read into the newer versions of the code; make sure you read the messages as the model loads in case any defaults are different. n
    • imranalif
      Subscriber
      Hi Win,nThanks, it works for me ! nI replaced 'student.lic' file on my 2020 R1 with 2020 R2 and restart my laptop then it's good to go.nThanksn
    • imranalif
      Subscriber
      [update]nIt happened again.nI installed the latest version and works fine.nWhen I quit and run fluent same issue happen in 2020 R2n
    • tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee
      Can you post the screenshot of the issue inline with text ?nIf you check the student.lic file, when is the expiration date ?n
    • tookaii
      Subscriber
      Hi, does that manipulation works with the new new release 2021R1? I dont find the student.lic file in the student folder.nnThank you for your help.nn
    • behm0001
      Subscriber
      Please help i have same issue as tookai nn
    • Imran_Ahmed
      Subscriber
      I have the same problem as cant find the 'student.lic' file in ansys 2021 R1Can you guys help us ?n
    • chadam
      Subscriber
      Same here with 2021, cant find the license filen
    • Sam254
      Subscriber
      n
    • chadam
      Subscriber
      Come on its a shame it cant be solved, I cant use Fluent because of this.n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You could use 2021R1! nIt's covered here https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/19805/how-to-renew-ansys-student-product-licensenn
    • jsprunger8
      Subscriber
      I am trying to do this with the 2020 version. I download the files for the 2021, extracted them, I go to student, then unzip the WINX64.7z. However, the only file in there is a folder called licensingclient , and inside of that. Just a file labeled .acldata n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      It changed for 2021R1, there is a sticky in the Student Software section. The 2020R2 licence is valid until about August. n
    • purnalingam.revathi
      Subscriber

How to find the customer numer(account number ) ?

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.